Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 2010 Newsletter

1. I just had a long visit with Katie Heckel and heard many great stories about Ghana, Africa. There are more to hear. The trip was wonderful and heartbreaking. So many encounters with child slavery and abuse, stories of orphans kidnapped, and terrifying injustices done to the weakest among us are churning in my heart right now after hearing from Katie. But we citizens of the Kingdom of God pray to bring his will on earth. I'm praying for ways to be at work with Jesus, bringing the message of the cross and contact with His living love. Katie's CD "The Isaiah Project" is on Noistrade. Click here to find it. All donations go to support the orphanage.

2. Brian Mulder's CD is finished! Just last night I uploaded the final mixes to noisetrade.com. Brian flies to San Diego, CA Saturday and will be biking the 3,000 miles across the Unites States with Blood:Water mission's Ride:Well tour to raise money to build clean water wells in Africa. You can download the CD "Somewhere we're shining" for free or you can leave a tip online. Click here to get to it.

3. I'm heading to Duke's Summer Institute Sunday to spend a week in community discussing the mission of reconciliation. "...God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on God's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Cor 19-21

4. June Tour 2010! Katie Heckel and I will be hitting the road for about three weeks to share songs and stories about God's work among the poor in Ghana. We'll also continue to raise funds for Rafiki Orphanage. Keep an eye on www.matthewclark.net where I update my blog and such. I also update twitter pretty regularly. My user name is matthewclarknet if you're into the so-called 'technologies'.

The Lord has reminded me lately through several occasions that he has entrusted his mission to us. We are offered this incredible opportunity to live lives of great meaning, dignity, and value. I am tired of living a life of achievement for myself. I'm weary of living for things that don't really matter. Jesus has a better life. He invites us to be yoked with him and to labour alongside him. We can trust him. We fight together to keep the faith in the 'foolishness' of God. It is his work in this world through us that will result in an everlasting and righteous kingdom. A single word that has become like an endless echoing call in my heart is: participation.

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection, the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, to become like him in his death, and so somehow to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Amen.

We can pray together to learn more about co-laboring with Jesus and his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment